With the launch of our new high-performance durable Maxisil Grout, it will be a perfect fit no matter the project big or small.
With a colour match to all our Maxisil Silicone range, all your grouting and silicone needs are in one place.
|Maxisil Grout 10 kg||Havana||RDG10HAV|
|Maxisil Grout 5 kg||Havana||RDG5HAV|
|Maxisil Grout 2 kg||Havana||RDG2HAV|
|Tile Size (mm)||Joint width (mm)||2kg Bag will cover (m²)||5kg Bag will cover (m²)||10kg Bag will cover (m²)|
1. Why is my Grout streaky when dry?
(a) Water quality used during cleaning the grout, especially for light colours.
(b) Quantity of water used.
(c) Choice of sponge and application method.
2. How do I clean residual grout from tiles?
If the grout is still wet, use a damp sponge to remove majority of residue off surface, let remainder dry. Once dry buff off with a dry microfiber cloth. Further residue can be removed with a tile and grout cleaner. Caution, avoid acidic based
3. What is the best mixing procedure?
Place the required amount of water (as per technical data sheet) into a clean mixing bucket and slowly add powder continually mixing using an electric mixer. Once all the powder is added, mix for approx. 2 minutes. Allow mixed material to sit for 3 minutes, then stir again for approx. 30 sec – 2 minutes, ensuring product is properly mixed. (Temperature dependent). The grout is ready is now ready to use. For more information, please visit https://maxisil.com/grout/ to view our instructional video.
4. How much water is ideal when mixing?
• 2kg bag – Approx. 500-800ml of potable (drinking) water
• 5kg bag – Approx. 1.3ltr of potable (drinking) water
• 10kg bag – Approx. 2.6ltr of potable (drinking) water
5. What is the Pot Life of Grout?
At 23°C approx. 1 hour
6. What can I do when a dark colour grout has dried patchy in colour?
Buff with a dry cloth, wipe with a damp sponge and allow to dry for approx. 48hrs.
7. Why may grout not be a perfect match to my silicone?
Surface gloss of the silicone and the matt surface finish of the grout. If compared before both have dried completely, it can also be a matter of the colour not having cured fully.
8. Why has my grout got mould after 6 months and how can I fix /clean this?
This is due to a build-up of soap, fats, body oils and oils. The grout can be cleaned with most brands of tile and grout cleaner. To ensure it does not reoccur, it is highly recommended cleanliness is maintained with regular housekeeping.
9. Why has my grout discoloured in my bathroom after cleaning it with mould cleaners I purchased at my local supermarket?
Mould cleaners are very harsh chemicals, designed for impervious surfaces, not for cement-based materials, marbles, natural stones. These can strip colour from grouts, paints and destroy the structure of natural stones.
10. Why has my grout become lighter in an area of my house that is in direct sunlight, and an adjacent area the grout has remained dark?
Areas where light directly shines on will dry faster, potentially causing some discoloration. However, pigments (colours) used are not affected by sunlight.
11. Why did I get a picture frame (water mark) around my stone joint? How do I fix this? Will it dry out?
The grout has taken a long to dry and water has migrated into the stone. Sometimes this will permanently damage the stone. Allow the joint to dry out completely. Check the stone over several days of clear weather. If it disappears allow the area to thoroughly dry out before any further work is carried out. If not, the joint will need to be scraped out and allowed to dry thoroughly. If the framing disappears, use a fast-setting grout specifically designed for stone. Unfortunately, if framing is still evident, you will need to call a stone rejuvenation specialist. We suggest to pre seal any natural stone substrates, prior to laying and grouting.
12. How do I clean grout that I have spilt cooking oil on?
Dab with a paper towel, then wet the grout with clean water to prevent the oil from penetrating further. Using warm water and detergent lightly scrub the area. Rinse with water and detergent, and rinse again with clean warm water, allowing area to dry. If this is not effective, you will need to remove existing grout and redo.
13. Why is my external grout allowing efflorescence through after 6 months?
Moisture must be leaching on the surface of the tiles from a source that is rich in salts. Potentially unsealed concrete areas, lawns, garden beds, swimming pool etc.
14. Can I bulk out grout with sand to give it an aggregate type of look?
Yes, you can. Choose a washed, cleaned graded sand. Mix the sand into the mixed grout, as a maximum of 1-part mixed grout to 1 part sand. It is advisable not to add extra water. Smaller amounts of sand can be added, depending on the appearance needed.
15. What is the correct method to apply Maxisil grout?
Once the grout is properly mixed, the grout should be worked into each joint ensuring entire joint is filled. Achieved by pushing grout into the joint with a grouting trowel 45° to the joint. The trowel is worked over the joint 2 or three times as right to left, then left to right, then right to left again maintaining 45° angle to the joint.